Prepare for the Future
Caring about your financial security means preparing a plan for your financial future. Certificates of Deposit (CDs) and Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs) offer safe and secure ways to meet your financial goals. Explore your options and choose the right fit. Feel free to count on our expertise, our specialists are always ready and willing to guide your choices for optimal returns. We treat your money with the same respect that we would our own.
Certificates of Deposit
If you’re looking for a safe place to put your hard-earned money and don’t need liquid access to your funds, a Certificate of Deposit is a great investment option. With a variety of terms and competitive rates, all of our CDs are insured by the FDIC and provide a variety of payment options for the interest you earn.
- Terms from 3 months to 5 years
- Minimum balance $1,000
- Interest paid by several electronic options
- Penalty for early withdrawal
Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs)
It's never too late to start saving for retirement. An Individual Retirement Account is still one of the best ways to save for your future retirement years. Several IRA's are available including the Traditional, Roth, SEP and Simple Plans.
IRA's are for everyone who has earned income, although how much a person can deduct depends upon your income and whether you are covered under a qualified retirement plan. At First Bank of Berne, you may invest your IRA deposit in any of our certificates of deposit.
Additional IRA Information
- Contributions to a traditional IRA may be tax deductible depending on your income.
- Maximum Contributions are indicated below.
||Under Age 50
||50 & Over
- As with all certificates of deposit, a substantial penalty may be imposed for early withdrawal from the account.
- The IRS may impose a 10% penalty on traditional IRA funds withdrawn before the participant reaches age 59 1/2.
- Distributions from traditional and SEP IRAs must start by April 1 following the year in which you reach age 70½.
Get Started Today
Visit any of our convenient banking locations or contact us to begin planning for your future with a CD or IRA from First Bank of Berne.