At First Bank of Berne, we take security very seriously. As a resource for our customers, we’ve gathered the following collection of trusted resources to help you remain safe online. If you have questions or need assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
- First Bank of Berne Consumer Awareness Guide (PDF) - A collection of helpful tips to keep you, and your information, safe.
- Indiana Attorney General’s Office - Provides a listing of recent consumer alerts, news releases and links to tools like the ID Theft Prevention Toolkit, how to find unclaimed money and ways to sign up for Fraud Alerts.
- AnnualCreditReport.com - As a consumer, you’re entitled to a free credit report from all three agencies (Experian, TransUnion and Equifax) every year. Visit this site to get your reports and make sure there aren’t any unknown accounts in your credit record.
- FBI Scams and safety - Do yourself a favor and visit the FBI’s site to ensure you’re “crime smart.” This site also provides information on how to protect your kids online, common fraud schemes and more!
- Dept of Homeland Security - Stop. Think. Connect. That’s the goal of the DHS and their campaign to aimed at increasing the understanding of cyber threats and empowering the American public to be safer and more secure online.
- Small Business Information Security (PDF) - This 20-page document provides a wealth of information for small business owners on how to keep their business safe and avoid fraud and security-related issues.