Subject: Initial Customer Update
We continue to monitor the rapidly evolving developments centered on the Coronavirus (COVID-19), and want you to know we are committed to keeping our customers and team members informed during this uncertain time.
We recognize the vital role we play in the financial well-being of our customers and our communities. Health and safety is always our top priority. We have allocated significant resources to ensure you continue to receive the reliable banking access and services you have come to expect from First Bank of Berne.
We offer a number of convenient ways for you to manage your finances:
- First Bank of Berne’s online and mobile banking capabilities are available 24/7, providing customers the ability to check account status and balances, transfer funds, deposit checks, as well as pay bills and make payments. Sign up for online banking or download our mobile app.
- Our branch lobbies remain open and full service at this time, with the exception of Swiss Village. We have suspended hours at our Swiss Village location for the safety of the residents. Please check back here for updates on branch lobby accessibility.
- We encourage customers to use our drive-thrus and ATMs opposed to entering the branch for every day transactions.
- Our call Center is available to help resolve problems or answer questions. Call 800-589-7848, Monday –Thursday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm, Friday 8:00 am – 6:00 pm, Saturday 8:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Some of the things the call center can help you with are: Account balances, transaction information, transfer money between accounts (including loan payments), debit card maintenance and troubleshooting, answer online and mobile banking questions.
We are following CDC guidelines for increased cleaning of surfaces. Additionally, we have hand sanitizer in our branches for use by customers and team members.
In addition to these measures, we have enacted our business continuity plan and are actively planning for scenarios including continuity of critical operations, remote team member work accommodations, and in-person meetings.
We encourage everyone to follow the guidance provided by the CDC to help prevent the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19) at home, in the workplace and while traveling. Please refer to the CDC website for the most updated information.